Monday, May 10, 2010

Selfish

I have never felt so out of my element and so comfortable at the same time. I went to a party. I knew one person. She was busy with hosting duties, so I mostly kept to myself. I made an effort to talk to people and found everyone extremely friendly and interested in who I was and what I do. I turned off my brain and just had a good time for once. I was nervous, but so is everyone when meeting someone new.


My life is changing so drastically now. I’ve met someone who has become very important to me; I’m slowly turning my apartment into a home, I’m eating better and getting some exorcise. Why, because of her. She gave me the kick in the ass I needed. I feel hopeful. I feel good.

I actually feel good about my writing. Hell, I even feel good about myself. I like this feeling. This sense of pride I have when we’re together.



I want to feel this way all of the time.



To the naysayers,

I know you mean well. I know you don’t want me to get hurt. There is a chance things might get weird. I might get hurt. I’ve been hurt before and I’ve bounced back. Stop trying to give me reasons why I shouldn’t be doing this. She makes me happy. I deserve this.

So come on guys, let me have this one.

2 comments:

OakViolin said...

Enjoy this, James! I am super happy for your happiness :)

Good for you, telling the naysayers to step back. I say either be positive or get outta the way!

Unknown said...

There is NO reason why you shouldn't have or be feeling this...true friends are just happy for this and for you.
Naysayers as careing as they may be, will have to revel in the joy you are feeling. :) hapy, happy, happy for you and for her.