Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Hardly getting over it.

Something is not letting me get over Dawn. I want to, I think. It’s almost been a year and I just can’t move on. I still love her and think of her constantly. For twelve and a half years she was at my side. Towards the end we both drifted away, one of us more than the other. She was my wife, my friend, everything to me. I let my stupid overly analytical brain get in the way and fucked it all up.


I dated one person for a bit, had a fling with someone else and even had a platonic boyfriend/girlfriend with someone just so neither one of us felt alone for a night. I have a lot of friends, who are women, and the attention is nice, but I’m still stuck thinking about her.

I know we’ll never be together again, so what the hell is the problem?



Maybe I just don’t want to get over her. Maybe I want the ghost of her love to follow me around forever.



And that just sucks.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I have a tattoo on my heart with someones name, face, memory, etc. I don't ever want to forget that part of my life, and why should I? It wasn't a bad thing and I presume yours wasn't either. Never getting over it shouldn't be a bad thing...