Monday, January 4, 2010

Lets learn about James for fun and profit

It’s my first day at work after two weeks off. The past two weeks will are defiantly two of the most interesting weeks in my life. I met a lot of new people; I started this inner metamorphosis of myself, I am coming to accept the fact that my marriage is over. I cemented an already deep friendship even deeper; at least I think I did.


And now it’s back to the salt mines as my grandma says. It’s really not as bad as I make it out to be. There just isn’t a lot to do sometimes and it gets really boring. It gives me a lot of time to think. When I think, I would dwell on the past, I would dwell on the ex. I don’t do that as much as I did. I kind of miss it. The pining away and sadness over the whole thing were a big part of my day to day life. Now I think about the future. I think about the people I will meet and the places I will go. I think about my moment in the sun, and wonder when it will be my turn.



Here, have some more random facts about me.



In 4th, 5th and 6th grade I sat behind Shonna Hoback. Holy fuck, I loved her. She may be the only crush I really talked to. I would sit and stare at the back of her neck all day. To this day, whenever I remember how I felt whenever she turned and handed me a paper, smiled at me and said “Here you go Verne.” I melt every time.



While in 7th grade I kept a knife under my pillow incase the Nightstalker decided to attack my house. I would save my family.



Richard Robinson threw my lock to the PE locker in the toilet. Mr. Moonie told me to get it out. I told him to get it out himself. I got detention because I didn’t stick my hand in a toilet.



I went to a movie one night when I was 21 or 22. I can’t remember what we saw. There was some girl that sat next to me after the lights went down. I have no idea what she looked like or who she was. We both fumbled our arms on the shared armrest. I took her hand and held it. She squeezed my hand. We watched the movie with our thumbs caressing each others hand. The movie ended, I got up said goodbye and walked away.



My mother had a part time job working in the kitchen for Rialto school district. I would get secretly offended when someone complained about the food.



My first car was a 1976 Vega that had a bumper sticker on it that said “I love my kids” I left it on.



I was bit by a black widow once.



Once in a mall, some counter girl said “Dude, you are fucking hot” I didn’t know what to do so I mumbled thank you and walked away.



I would steal books from the school library.



When I take the train to and from work, I put my headphones on and pretend to listen to music and listen to the people around me talk



This girl I dated gave me crabs. We broke up after that.



I am scared of heights.

5 comments:

shaunna said...

excellent post, this one! Always love finding out new fun facts about James :)

Anonymous said...

Nice new James facts. Thanks again for sharing.

Susurrus.Scout said...

The story about the girl that sat next to you during the movie, I wasn't sure how to respond. At first I took it as a very random and weird situation but then looking into it, why it worked out so smoothly, it became interesting.

You two are absolute strangers with your distinct personalities, principles and personal stories. You have all of these things that you don’t know about each other, but even then, there is the mutual comprehension and liking of affection. Where you and the girl perhaps just wanted someone to fumble arms or caress thumbs with. You did not need to talk about your dislikes or likes; where you come from and what your goals are. You two fell under an understanding of a want or need of touch and warmth. And that's all you needed. Almost a bit beautiful.

sloan said...

Fun post!
Back to the salt mines :-)
Do you find you also have strange extra time on your hands from not smoking? Do you still remember to take the breaks?
The facts part was a great read!

Anonymous said...

I laughed out loud at the movie theatre interraction...I love it! It's that kinda stuff that makes it all worth while!!!