Sunday, December 13, 2009

And so i am a writer.

Is this another silly dream, this writing? Everything I ever wanted to do I told no. When I was a kid I wanted to be an astronaut. I was told I was too stupid to do that. As a teenager I wanted to be a racecar driver. No, I would just kill myself.  Shut up and work at the grocery store my mom told me, lesson learned, I never set any goals. I never dreamed of a better future. I figured I was just a cog and accept it.
Now I am trying to be a writer. I figure the first step was to start calling myself a writer. So here I am a writer. It’s a new dream, but I am going to go with it. I am going to see this out. If I am successful, awesome, if I fail, at least I can say I tried.
I took the kids to an art museum yesterday. Standing at looking at works of art by Picasso and Pollock, I realized that these great men did it. They did what they love and didn’t let anybody stop them. I was inspired. I will do this. I will be successful. I will live my dream for once. I will not let anyone stop me. I will continue doing this. As long as one person likes what I do, and I can touch someone with this, I will be a success.

2 comments:

sloan said...

We are not bound by past beliefs or behaviors. Before you drew extreme conclusions, you have the ability to understand reality quite different now.

All it takes to be a writer is to write. You are already a success.

"As long as one person likes what I do..." The only person that matters is you.

Write On!

shaunna said...

i am so proud of you! it's great to see you doing what you do! From a fellow artist, just keep doin' it!