Monday, December 21, 2009

Lithium

Lithium. They want me to take Lithium.
No fucking way. I don't want to be a zombie, I just don't want to be sad anymore. I'll deal with the sadness another way.

While walking back from the doctors office, I had one of those perfect moments I am always looking for. Walking through fallen leaves downtown on an overcast day listing to I think I can by Animal collective.



Yesterday My friends Shaunna and Sloan came out for a birthday visit. We had Chicken and waffles and went to a used bookstore. Had a couple glasses of wine and chatted. We took pictures and got to know each other.  When they left Shaunna gave me a kiss on the cheek. I waited over twenty years for that kiss. It was worth the wait.
Today is my actual birthday. I am 37. I've been through a lot of shit in my life.
I wouldn't change a thing.
I've had a blast.

1 comment:

shaunna said...

thank you James. I'm so glad we got the chance to hang out with you yesterday! It's really cool getting the chance to know you now.
happy birthday!!