Sunday, December 27, 2009

My first broken nose.

When I was six I wanted a skateboard for Christmas. I got it. I didn't know how to use it. I had never seen a skateboard in real life. I had seen people on TV ride them. I asked Hal what I should do.He said I think you run and jump on it and go. I set the board down in the middle of the driveway. I ran from the garage and jumped on. I missed the middle of the board and landed on the back end. It flipped up and smacked me in the face. A fat lip, two chipped teeth and my first broken nose. I ran in the house covered in blood. My mom said fuck now who hit you? I told her I fell off the skateboard. Al she said was that she knew I'd hurt my self on it. She cleaned me up and took me to the Dr. He taped up my nose and sent me on my way. When we got home my dad was there. Ever the racially sensitive one, he looked at me and said  "You got a nigger lip." The skateboard went out in the garage. I never touched it again.

No comments: