Sunday, December 6, 2009

We shared a ruined moment.

This Can't Be Today
Another great phone call, I dig it.

I woke up groggy, made a pot of coffee. That fixed that right up. I packaged up a few Christmas gifts to send off. If I have your address, you will be getting something soon. I didn’t buy anything for anybody. Some people got random found crap from my apartment. Some will be getting something very special to me that I wanted them to have. Maybe they will get as much joy out of it as I did.

The first song of the day usually sets the mood for me. Today was This Can’t Be Today by The Rain Parade. A link to the song is above..

Waiting for clothes to dry, reading ask the dust by John Fante.
 Listening to this girl across from me singing to her self.
 At this moment she is the most beautiful woman in the world.
 She’s reading the ingredients on a bottle of juice she's drinking
. Every once in awhile she turns to look towards her laundry.
 I pretend she's glancing my way.
 Singing her little songs to herself.
 I go to take my clothes out of the upper dryer
 She looks my way.
 A pair of my underwear fall out, land on my head and fall to the floor.
 I had spoiled the moment again.
 She turned away.

1 comment:

sloan said...

You maybe ruined the moment, but you probably made her day. That's worth something!